Personally, I’m not that good at crochet, but even this crochet ear warmer pattern is so simple, even I can do it! Here’s a step by step guide to crocheting a perfect way to stay warm this winter using the double crochet stitch! You will need:
Size 4 Acrylic Yarn
Size J-10 (6mm) Crochet Hook
1 Yarn Needle
Once you have all of your supplies, you’re ready to get started!
- Make a slipknot and chain 14.
2. (Row One) Double crochet into the 4th chain from your hook, then continue stitching one double crochet into every chain until you reach the end.
3. (Row Two) Once you reach the end, chain 3, turn your work, then double crochet into the closest double crochet stitch to your hook. Continue to double crochet into each stitch until you reach the end.
4. (Row 3+) Repeat step 3 until you can stretch your project around your head. It shouldn’t be loose around your head. If it’s too loose, remove your crochet hook and pull the yarn to get rid of a couple of rows. If it’s too tight, crochet a couple more rows until it’s perfect.
5. Once your ear warmer is the perfect size, use your scissors to cut a tail around 2 ft long.
6. Using your yarn needle, weave in the short tail from the beginning of your project.
7. Also using your yarn needle, sew the two ends of your ear warmer together with the long tail.
8. Tie off and cut the yarn short.
And voila! You’ve created a masterpiece! Enjoy your new ear warmer! Special thanks to Holley for modeling mine!
If you’re like me and are planning to sell it, I’d suggest retailing it for $12-$17.